And soon a big box of yarn I ordered arrived, and I proceeded to make this wee blanket for the baby girl. Okay, actually, first I failed again. I got a good way into a blanket and then realized it was so tight that it was more like a ... what? A scrubber pad or something. It was bad. So I pouted for a day, and then started over. And though, honestly, this one is a pretty pathetic attempt too (it's shape is very much less than rectangular, trust me ...), I'm happy with it. When I finished the regular stitches, I even figured out how to make this scallopy edge with a little help from youtube. I was proud of myself for that. I hate learning things from youtube, for some reason. But I watched and rewatched and rewatched until hey! I was doing it! And I did it! And now it's all done.
|Before I was finished, the cats commandeered it, as they tend to do.|
|I added the monster in, since it amused me. I like how Meatsock matched the monster face.|
|All finished, scallopy border and all.|
|A close-up of the scallopy edge.|