Thursday, November 10, 2011

Promotional Device





Sometime earlier this year, I got an email from Tyler Chadwick, who asked if he could include several of my poems in Fire in the Pasture: Twenty-first Century Mormon Poets, to which I said, um, yes yes you may. The book is out now, and I just got my contributor's copy this week, and I have to say that it's beautiful.  I don't mean that my poems are beautiful, I mean the book itself, as an object, is gorgeous.  If you're so inclined to see what's going on in contemporary Mormon poetry (and how could you not be?! ;), I recommend this book. 

On a related note, if you're more interested in seeing what Mormon fiction is up to (and again, how could you not be?! I hope it's clear I'm kidding ...mostly), Dispensation: Latter-day Fiction was a great read. 

In all seriousness, I can say that Mormon Literature goes well beyond Jack Weyland.  There's some really good stuff out there.  If you're interested in recommendations, shoot me an email.

5 comments:

eden said...

that's awesome dej! congratulations!

Mike and Emily said...

You amaze me!!! Well done, friend!

Genevieve Beck said...

A very big congratulations! I will definitely be on the hunt for it!

Amara said...

I was able to sneak inside and read a poem of yours on Amazon. Congrats!

kathy w. said...

Yes! I'm excited to read it.