Cookies? No Sugar, Flour, Butter? Ummm.


Found a recipe for "healthy" cookies on 101 Cookbooks. No sugar, flour, butter. It calls for coconut oil, so it's not 100% healthy, per se. But apparently coconut oil is all the rage, now? It's supposed to be good for you in all these significant ways, which is different than I'd heard before. But it's pleasant and ever so slightly nutty and actually doesn't really taste coconutty, so I plan on trying it in other stuff, too.

It took me about two weeks to find all the ingredients. We went to Whole Foods for them. That place happens to be the closest grocery store to our house, and also happens to be this uber-snoody, pricey, gorgeously wonderful place. And it was shaping up to cost me about $30 bucks for the ingredients. When we were at Whole Snoods for the cookies, it had only been a week since I'd run in to just get a few things, and came out with a FEW things and a fat, horrifying amount at the bottom of my receipt. I can't even mention that number because it hurts me. I ended up putting all the ingredients back and leaving in a huff. Anyway, this stuff (especially the coconut oil and almonds for almond meal) is more reasonable at regular grocery stores that have a fancy section.

Most importantly, I made them today, and, mmmmmmm is my verdict. I took some out on a plate to Sam, and he was back in the kitchen in about thirty seconds, saying only, "More cookies," and heading for the heaping plate by the oven. He likes, me thinks. I like. Your turn.

Comments

eden said…
sounds good. could you share the recipe? ( :
Deja said…
Link to it right from the post. It should work ... click on the part that says recipe. Sorry. Shoulda said so.
eden said…
i guess i could have looked a little closer. ( : thanks.
Frederick said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amara said…
Great post. yeah, i remember mom having coconut oil in the fridge, and trying some because it SHOULD taste like coconut, and it didn't and i was disappointed. But good for recipes. I'm thinking of subscribing to that 101 cookbooks lady site. She's always got good stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Fearful Things

Spider Fight Continues

A Great Hope