We Went Away.

We went to this place:



A bed and breakfast on Cape Cod. Late at night, in our pretty room called "Moonglow," we sat in reclining chairs facing a big window, looked at the stars, held hands, and talked and talked and talked.

Today we drove all the way to Provincetown. It's at the very tip of the Cape. Sam and I have decided that the Cape looks like Popeye's flexed arm. (We don't know if this is a cliche. Has anyone heard this before?) Look:



So we were on Popeye's knuckle. We ate lunch. This is Sam eating lunch:



Then we tried to get close to a lighthouse and failed. But we did find a beach and spent 1.5 seconds on it until we decided it was COOOLLLLDDD and literally ran back to our car.



I can't tell you how much we needed to go away. Since our wedding was quick and the cross country move followed on its heels, we didn't really honeymoon. This was kind of a mini-honeymoon. A minimoon.

We've both had a rough time adjusting to all the changes. We've both had vicious health problems. We've both felt grumpy about our work situations. And it's easy, when all that's going on, to forget what it's about. And we remembered this weekend: it's about being in love, taking care of each other, talking and smooching and laughing and such. All that mushy stuff. It's about mushy stuff. I love mushy stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So 3 questions, did you get a Sandwich in Sandwich? Where is the lunch that Sam was eating? It looks like he was just staring at you. Did a seagull take the picture of you two on the beach? Ok, 4 questions. Was Sam peeing on the beach in the last picture?
Mike and Emily said…
oh it looks like my home. i miss it. and you.
Amara said…
there were fences on the beaches in Monterey like that. Are those functional structures in some way? Or are they there to look cool, and because I love them --which is what I really think.
Enchanted. I think we all need to realize that when we read other people's blog, like how I was reading yours, thinking "sheesh, how romantic, I can't believe how lucky they are to go to such a charming little getaway," to realize that shortly thereafter you talk about how hectic life has been, and then I realize, ya know, we all have our problems and the best life to live is my own! That said, I'm so glad you and Sam got some time away. You're right, it really is all about the love. And remember, spring is just around the corner...
Emily said…
I love how in love you guys are. And wow! What a kiss! That picture is just beautiful.
belann said…
You did need to get away. I'm truly glad you did.

Popular posts from this blog

Fearful Things

Outrageous Expectations

A Great Hope